JJ 22 Sailboat – Sailing at Gateway of India, Mumbai
Ideal for: Couples, Family, Groups, Kids, Tourists
For: 1 to 6 persons
Where: Gateway of India, Colaba
When: All days of the week
Duration: 2 hours
Note: This is a private sailing experience and the entire boat will be booked for you for the price mentioned above. You will not be sharing the boat with other people.
Weekends (Saturday, Sunday and holidays): Rs. 5,500 per boat
Weekdays (Monday to Friday): Rs. 5,000 per boat
Balloon decoration: Rs. 300
Cake (half kg eggless chocolate cake): Rs. 700
Flower bouquet (approx. 10 roses): Rs. 300
Flower bouquet (approx. 20 roses): Rs. 500
- The prices mentioned above are on a per boat basis. It is NOT the per person price.
- For the mentioned price, the entire boat is booked exclusively for your group.
- It is a private booking. You will not be sharing the boat with other groups / people.
- Maximum 6 persons are allowed on the sailboat (including children and infants).
15 minutes - Reach the sailing start point (near Taj Mahal Hotel, Colaba) 15 minutes before the booking time.
15 minutes - Take a motorboat ride from the shore to the JJ 22 sailboat.
1 hour 30 minutes - Go sailing in the Mumbai harbour for approx. 1 hour 30 minutes.
15 minutes - Take a motorboat ride from the JJ 22 sailboat to the shore.
07:00 AM to 09:00 AM
09:00 AM to 11:00 AM
02:00 PM to 04:00 PM
04:00 PM to 06:00 PM
06:00 PM to 08:00 PM
What You Get
- 1 hour 30 minutes private sailing on a JJ 22 sailboat with a qualified sailor
- Motorboat ride from the shore to the JJ 22 sailboat
- Motorboat ride from the JJ 22 sailboat to the shore
- Mineral water
- Life jackets to use on the boat
About The Sailboat: JJ 22 Sailboat
Length: 22 feet
Passenger capacity: 1 to 6
Sails for cruising: 2
Meeting Point Address
Jetty No. 5,
Opposite Main Entrance of Taj Hotel,
Near Gateway of India,
Mumbai - 4000 01
Things To Know
- Knowing how to swim is not mandatory.
- Life jackets will be provided.
- Sailing is completely dependent on weather conditions (wind speed, tide, etc.). There might be a wait time of 1 hour or more beyond your booking start time. Your return back to the shore might also get delayed by a few hours if the weather conditions are unfavourable. You must cooperate and patiently wait in such situations which are beyond control.
- Bookings may be rescheduled or cancelled if the weather is unfavourable for sailing.
- As the starting point for sailing is near Gateway of India, bookings may be cancelled last minute if there are restrictions by government authorities, police or defence authorities. In this case, you will get an option to either re-schedule your booking or get a full refund.
Do you provide anything to eat on the boat?
No. We do not provide any food items. You can carry some finger food, snacks, soft drinks etc. on your own to eat on the boat. Mineral water is provided complimentary on the boat.
Can I carry alcohol, wine, champagne etc. on the boat?
No. Alcohol, wine, champagne etc. is strictly not allowed.
Can you make any special arrangements for birthdays / anniversaries?
Yes. We can decorate the boat with balloons at an additional cost of Rs. 100 (to be paid in cash at the meeting point)
Is there any age limit? Can children, infants, elder people go for sailing?
There is no age limit. Infants, small children and elder people can go on the boat. Elder people must be able to walk around and climb steps on their own.
Is it safe?
Yes. The JJ 22 sailing experience is totally safe. All safety measures are taken and lifejackets are available on the boat.
How far will we go into the sea?
You will go sailing all the way out into the open sea (almost till the tip of South Mumbai). You will not be seen from the shore.
Where is the meeting point for sailing?
The meeting point is near Gateway of India, Colaba, Mumbai.
Do you provide car parking? Where do I park my car?
No. We do not provide car parking. You will have to look for parking on your own near Gateway of India / Colaba.
Cancellation by experience provider
Full refund: You will get a full refund if your booking is cancelled due to unfavourable weather conditions, technical or operational reasons.
Cancellation by customer
No refund: This activity is not cancellable by the customer. No refund will be given for bookings cancelled by the customer.
No refund: If you or a member of your group does not show up, no refund will be given.
Showing up late
No refund: If you or a member of your group does not show up on time, no refund will be given.